A tiny ray of light for a new beginning

I am back. I’ve had a very difficult month to say the least. The hardest part as far as the blog goes is that I am not ready to write about it. We have had a lot of illness and loss in our family this year and my family responsibilities and coping have put me on the sidelines.

But, healing does happen. This week I can see a tiny ray of light and I feel something that is not quite happiness but is a lot like happiness. I want to write again, to get back in touch about other things. So even as I set aside my sadness for private contemplation, I am opening a crack in my armor to let in a tiny ray of light and see what happens next.

Comments

7 Responses to “A tiny ray of light for a new beginning”
  1. Amy Tiemann says:

Dear Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can’t say I am qualified to even give advice on this, but I would encourage you to find someone who is, and talk to that person. You deserve a chance to take some time to work though your grief. It must be hard with all your responsibilities but it’s important and worthy to explore with a caring and qualified listener. My heart goes out to you. I wish you peace and healing.

2. Danielle says:

I’m a mother in pain and the talk about a lost loved one hits home more then you can believe. I was 32 weeks pregnant and my son passed away. The umbillical cord wraped around his neck. That was back in March. My life has been so stressful that I haven’t been able to really greve. I have three other young children so I don’t have time to stop and look back. I’m not quite sure how. It’s been 7 months now and I still cant even look at all the things I had bought him. How do I handle something like that?

3. Chris in San Diego says:

Amy – just a quick note of support to let you know that you’re among friends, some of whom have been there. It’s a really tough time when you’re trying to juggle the many responsibilities of being a mother, daughter and a career person. Unfortunately, we don’t get the luxury of a “rehearsal” or of taking the time we’d like, to do what is needed and expected of us in these crisis situations. It’s okay, and you’re doing the best you can. I think that giving yourself the time you need, and knowing that with time things do get better and eventually (even though it can sometimes be a long time), things begin to fall back into place. My best advice is to be kind to yourself, know that others care and understand, and with support of each other, we can come out of it okay. Take the time you need to process things and to heal – take care and be good to yourself. Chris

4. Amy Tiemann says:

Thank you, Melissa, I am glad to know that you cared enough to write. Yes, I am definitely going through things that everyone will experience eventually. I’ve been in such a void that I’ve had the vulnerable parts of myself opened up. I would be willing to share with my audience but not the whole internet. I may write up a more personal Mojo Mom newsletter to talk to you all directly.

5. Melissa says:

Just know that so many of us don’t turn to you because your actions are perfect or your life is perfect. We turn to you because you have an eloquent way of reflecting ourselves back to us with your words. Your life is not so different from ours. Life is complex. Life is layered. Life is difficult. You’re not alone. Lets just all make it through another day or another hour and call it good. My thoughts are with you.

6. MojoMom says:

Hi Karen, If you are still reading, I am still writing!

7. Dropped through a crack to say hello.